FUNCTIONS OF THE TSRT
The purposes of this Society shall be to advance the professions of radiation and imaging disciplines and specialties; to assist in establish and maintaining high standards of education; to enhance the quality of patient care and to further the welfare and socioeconomics of radiologic technologist.
Function: Functions of the TSRT shall deal with actual administration of the business of the Society.
1. The TSRT shall provide meetings at which to transact Society business, to present scientific papers, to carry on education activities, to discuss professional problems, and to encourage similar programs among organizations affiliated with the TSRT.
2. The TSRT shall publish and disseminate information pertinent to the conduct of the Society or the profession.
3. The TSRT shall assist in establishing and enunciating high standards of education and training and to implement them through appropriate channels.
4. The TSRT shall stimulate and encourage research designed to provide the knowledge needed to assure increasingly efficient patient care.
5. The TSRT shall expand educational opportunities and develop programs designed to broaden the scope of technological service.
6. The TSRT shall enunciate policies concerning the professional status, legislative activity, and the welfare of its members.
7. The TSRT shall establish qualifications for membership.
8. The TSRT shall cooperate with external organizations or agencies as may be necessary to maintain continued progress and growth of the Society.